8 Strong in a Couple Days…!

• 8 Strong in a Couple Days…!

Posted by dana.acker on May 18, 2023 at 9:50 am

Hey folks, A great big NC “Howdy” to Donna b-2-11; NCYinzer; Mulligoo; CotntrySunshine; FarmerJoe; Kd2vtv; and Brook-Raymond! Glad to have y’all in the group. Anything you’re aware of going on in the state, good or bad, please share. I’ll jump in first, since I got this ball rolling. I’m Dana Acker, I live in Mt. Airy, my personal e-mail is: ackerforge@yahoo.com and my phone is: 336-777-9955. If I may be of service, feel free to reach out. If I’m not immediately available, I WILL get back to you. That said, I realize there very likely is some apprehension regarding putting your personal contact info out on a public forum, so don’t feel obligated; OK? Share only as much or as little with which you feel comfortable. You can always message a member through the messaging options on the Paine.TV platform. But our aim is networking with others in the state, so reach out among yourselves or to me. Like if you go to the grocery store and there’s no toilet paper (or anything else) on the shelves, sound the alarm! Again, glad you’re with us.

donna.b-2-11 replied 10 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • donna.b-2-11

May 18, 2023 at 10:48 am

Thanks so much for forming this group

• Mischief

May 19, 2023 at 4:50 am

Hi Dana,

It’s me Mischief (Kathy). I live in Stokesdale right next to Belews Lake.

I’m mostly retired, a Veteran, a Mother & Grandmother. I live in a rural area which is rapidly becoming burbs 😒.

I can be reached at 336-306-0824. My email is kathryn1.618@gmail.com if anyone cares to write instead.

I’m so happy we have this community. I love sharing with everyone!! It’s a great big family!

If anyone wants to do any kayaking or paddleboarding on Belews this year, let me know & we can connect & make a day of it!

• dana.acker

Organizer
      May 19, 2023 at 11:56 am

Hey there, Kathy. Thanks for making yourself known. There’s a few of us that are within an hour’s drive of one another, and a couple more within 2 hour’s drive away. This is good should things go sideways from a Covid like event, natural disaster etc, as we may be able to help one another out, and, perhaps we can pick a centralized location and get together for a live meet and greet. That could be a lot of fun, or land us all in jail🤣🤣🤣

• Mischief

May 21, 2023 at 11:13 am

Hi Dana,

Not sure where everyone else is, but I have a nicely secluded spot in the woods next to Belews Lake. My place is set up and ready to for whatever comes my way. I had a preview of batshit crazy with an insane neighbor who started a 3 year war with me about 7 years back. Needless to say I won, and they are now gone. It gave me a first hand look at the fact that the police do absolutely nothing here to help unless they see it with their own eyes or someone dies. Either way, we are already on our own.
        I am happy to provide it as a homestead in the event we get in trouble, as for jail, well not my first rodeo either, so I’m okay with whatever happens. At least we are all in good company!!!

• jake81

May 20, 2023 at 12:39 am

Good to know there are Paine listeners here in NC. I haven’t been active on this site, I just listen to all the shows, but in Mike’s talk with Maria he brought up this group so I thought I would check it out. My name is Jake Smith and I’m located in Apex, NC. I’m a structural engineer and I run my own small engineering business here in the triangle area. I pass many days listening to Paine while engineering homes for millionaires! lol! I’ve got a feeling that its going to be a good idea to network with some like-minded people here in the near future, especially with me being inside this Raleigh/Durham halo. I’ve been in NC for about 12 years now, I’m originally from northern Michigan, about 4 hours drive north of Detroit. This place is changing and growing too quickly for my liking. I’m doing my best to convince my wife to move out towards the coast, but she views the world like a “normal” woman in her mid 30’s so it is tough work on that front. Anyhow, I’m looking forward to getting to know a few Paine listeners in the local area.

• Mischief

May 21, 2023 at 11:15 am

Hi Jake,

Good to know we have someone in RTP to keep a pulse on things there. I loathe that area. Did too many years working in big Pharma there, and so happy to get out, but now the burbs are taking over the countryside. Time to move on again I think.

• jake81

May 22, 2023 at 11:06 am

oh yeah, the city is sprawling out and soon it will have the endless feel of the rust-belt cities that just go on and on with no escape from the traffic or strip malls. I almost feel guilty because I’ve built my business around the homebuilding expansion, but someone has to make money off it and why can’t I be one of those someones?!

• dana.acker

Organizer
      May 22, 2023 at 12:19 pm

Hey Jake, great to have you aboard. Thanks for signing up. And I agree, it’s good to know that there are other people who think alike surrounding us. Don’t be a stranger!

• donna.b-2-11

June 2, 2023 at 3:50 am

Hello Jake I have no idea how you are surviving over that way had to take my old dog to eye doctor over there ,the traffic about killed me .