Where we stand, and where that might lead….

• Where we stand, and where that might lead….

Posted by dana.acker on April 5, 2022 at 11:41 pm

This new Senatorial confirmation of and appointment to the Supreme Court should just sear it into your brain like a branding iron what Mike has said since day one, “There’s only one party, and we’re NOT in it.” If I were one of the “conservative” justices, I believe I’d be thinking of private security and sleeping with one eye open. Imagine four more Kitanji Brown Jacksons on the bench through attrition…it’s the stuff of nightmares. There are still unanswered questions about Justice Antonin Scalia’s death. Welcome to the Wild West; Sergio Leone’s version of it. “In a land where life had no value; death had its price….” But enjoy it while you got it. History is regressing, because while seemingly living in the new version of “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,” where we’re headed is either for “Pine Ridge Syndrome;” reservation life (ask the Lakota People), or in time…“The Alamo.” You know, as historically inaccurate and corny as it can be at times, still John Wayne’s “The Alamo” is still a fun watch. Crockett and Bowie often bring a smile, as they are always in search of, or enjoying “…a drink, or two, or ten.” Makes stepping over Travis’ line in the sand a viable option. Like they like to say down here, “You’ll come walking up, but you’ll go limping back.” Sam Houston couldn’t have said it better.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Dana Acker. Reason: Bad typing
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Dana Acker.
    dana.acker replied 1 year, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.