Hey French Members, or Friends and Relatives There Of….

• Hey French Members, or Friends and Relatives There Of….

Posted by dana.acker on July 14, 2021 at 2:46 am

In the mid-70’s, I worked for French guy, who had fought with the French Underground against the Nazis during World War Two. He was one tough old bastard. I was younger, faster and had more endurance, and I wouldn’t have fought him, unless it was from across a parking lot, and I had a scoped 30.06 rifle.

Some of that spirit obviously still exists in France, as someone actually bitch slapped President Macron! How humiliating! Somewhere in and amongst all that cheese and wine exist balls of steel.

My French brethren and sisteren????, you all need a new French Underground. Yon need to start the French Underground version of the Green Dragon Tavern, since Macron wants to keep you out of your favorite watering hole if you’re not vaxxed.

In my part of the world, the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains foothills, we didn’t get a liquor store until sometime in the 1980’s. Liquor by the drink or even brown bagging was illegal. If one wanted a drink of hard liquor, one either went to the moonshiners or the bootleggers. Moonshiners made their own liquor; bootleggers bought commercial liquor and re-sold it at a marked up price. There were both black and white bootleggers. Their proprietors journeyed to nearby town with more enlightened alcohol laws, bought a truckload of liquor by the bottle, and sold it by the drink at a profit. No alcohol license, lots of secrecy, and some bribing of local constabularies.

You can do this, France! Viva la French Green Dragon! Pardon my French…literally.

dana.acker replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • dana.acker

Organizer
    July 14, 2021 at 11:33 am

If any of you know people or are related to people from France, pass this along.