Back to what worked before…

• Back to what worked before…

Posted by dana.acker on March 29, 2022 at 12:15 am

I originally posted this material on 3/28/22’s podcast, but thought it possible grist for the mill over a few pints.

Mike lamented that some of the traditional religious community has become less visible in society. But like the early Church (before Catholicism and Protestantism) much of the true church community has gone underground. They meet outside of big buildings which usually have big mortgages, big utility bills, and big weekly maintenance costs, etc. They’re getting out from under the dictates of Corporate Denominationalism. Take heart, God always has His “…7000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal,” and they’re doing well. Those “underground” Christian communities are disengaging from corporate religious entities, who are often partisan in their political leanings, and blur the lines between the sacred and the secular. There are Catholics and Protestants who actually love Jesus more than they dislike each other, and, who realize that if the governmental whip comes down on the believing community, like under Mao and the USSR, there will be bigger fish to fry than differences in dogmatics. These are sensible people too, even if devout; not quasi-religious fringe militants. Not that I have a problem with quasi-religious fringe militants…if the shit ever goes down, several of them wouldn’t be bad to be in good with. If the shooting starts, being on a several beer drinking level with a few Southern rednecks wouldn’t hurt either; they’ll have arms, ammunition, food, tobacco and alcohol. And, they all daily carry knives too, and they know how to use them. I recommend following suit. Keep it sharp too. I mean what goes better with beverage alcohol than sharp, pointy objects? If any need helps in any of these departments, give a yell. Consultations are tradable for drinks at the Green Dragon Tavern😉. “Peace, love and hard liquor,” (Unknown Hinson) Brothers & Sisters….

dana.acker replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ElChapo

March 29, 2022 at 7:36 am

“Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!” Martin Luther

• dana.acker

Organizer
    March 29, 2022 at 8:39 am

Let us give thanks! Great response, ElChapo!