Embedded microcontrollers, raspberry pi projects

• Embedded microcontrollers, raspberry pi projects

Posted by dave.patrick on June 14, 2021 at 3:08 am

I dabble in Arduino, ESP33, Atmel AtTiny, and raspberry pi systems on a board computing in both programming and the hardware, typically cameras and other sensors.

My introduction to programming other than playing with Basic was in 1982 at IBM through a technical vitality program where I was invited to take classes with full pay during working hours. My first class was tool making in the machine shop, very cool learning how to run a Bridgeport mill.

I next took a class in C, we used the original Kernighan and Ritchie book. I have never lost interest in programming though I never became a programmer by trade. I have written code in delivered products in Intel assembly, C, gtk+, bash scripting…

These days I still do C and now python for embedded computing. It’s a lot of fun almost 40 years on continuing my technical vitality program. Here’s a self balancing robot, I did the 3D printing from stl files, tweaked and used code and pcb by the original developer.

Dang, I am not sure if it’s working but I can’t seem to attach a photo.

Here’s a link to a video of the project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc9Zi90A2im/

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • dave.patrick

June 14, 2021 at 3:17 am

Here’s a link to the project:

http://axelsdiy.brinkeby.se/?page_id=1447

• WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Organizer
    June 19, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Wow looks awesome! It sounds like we have a lot of the same interests! I am excited to get to work on some projects here as well. I am still learning about Python but can write basic pretty well and wanted to really understand the core concept of how computers and microchips worked before I got into more advanced stuff, so I took my time and its paid off so far! There are so many amazing things you can do with chipsets and microcontrollers. I don’t know why it took me so long to become interested or really find my passion with coding but I am glad I did none the less haha