Will the real BLM please stand up…?

• Will the real BLM please stand up…?

Posted by dana.acker on June 30, 2021 at 1:28 am

Before everybody got woke, the BLM had nothing to do with race, and they were a lot more dangerous. Remember the standoff in Nevada in 2014? The original BLM (US Bureau of Land Management) sent their armed wing to go after Cliven Buddy, a rancher who ran afoul of the government for letting his cattle graze on US land that bordered his, something that had been done by generations of cattle ranchers whose land bordered US land, without problems. The US BLM came after the Bundys with armed and armored cowboys, and met a bunch of equally armed citizens ready to do battle on the Bundy’s behalf. Any of y’all remember that?

BeijingYank replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • dana.acker

Organizer
    June 30, 2021 at 1:51 am

Does every single government agency have its own armed “police” force? I know Bill Clinton wanted a Federal Police Force with two Federal cops in every county in the US. That’s a huge increase in governmental manpower, weaponry, equipment, training, uniforms, vehicles, equipped offices, costing more money than one could count. Besides it being the largest expansion of government personnel since the wartime draft, it’s real aim was to effectively neuter local sheriffs’ departments, and increase Federal jurisdiction over local jurisdictions. I think it later got changed to two fed cops per state, as financially and logistically it was impossible, and, not to mention the shitstorm it would have caused with the states. But it shows what the “haves” have wet dreams about.

• SpotTheDog

June 30, 2021 at 6:46 am

Ya didn’t Pete Santilli cover that?

• dana.acker

Organizer
    July 1, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Hey, thanks Spot and Liz. Cliven and his son were arrested and jailed for a while. The family reported that they were treated shamefully while incarcerated; like jails in 3rd world countries.

• johnny.onions

July 3, 2021 at 10:09 pm

I remember. Larry Klayman is his lawyer, the founder of Judicial Watch. Last August the

Federal appeals court upheld the dismissal of charges. Has anything happened since then?

• BeijingYank

July 4, 2021 at 10:21 am

Yes I remember Bundy and the standoff, but didn’t see any Black Lives Matter black garbed presence. I worked with Adam Laxalt on his campaign for Governor and Bundy, running for governor tried to make a deal with Laxalt for his support. Bundy’s heart might be good but he is a liability as far as the conservative Nevadans are concerned.