Once upon a time there was privacy, but like dinosaurs, it became extinct….

• Once upon a time there was privacy, but like dinosaurs, it became extinct….

Posted by dana.acker on July 29, 2021 at 8:29 am

My wife was “persuaded” by family and her doctors to take the vaccine, against my stand against all of the jabs. She took the J&J vax, as it wasn’t an m-RNA version. That aside, she just got a letter from Medicare noting that she owes nothing because they pay for the vax. The point of my comment is that at least a segment of the government (Medicare/Social Security) knows she took the shot. There exists a database of the vaccinated, which leads me to wonder if they have a database of the unvaccinated, at least as far as people who receive income from the government. As my wife and I are both on Social Security, and the President is trying to force government employees to take the vaccination, I wonder whether or not there will come a threat of withholding SSI retirement benefits for retirees who do not get the shot(s)? Will Welfare and Food Stamp recipients and those who receive any other forms of government subsidies be coerced to receive the shots or lose their benefits? Crazy talk or possible realty? Paranoia or apprehension? Col. Jeff Cooper wrote, “Paranoia is a mental affliction; apprehension is the reasonable awareness of hazard.”

dana.acker replied 2 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • dana.acker

Organizer
    July 29, 2021 at 8:32 am

Silly me; I always thought medical info was private. Perhaps the environmentalists should lobby to have the Hippa laws put on the endangered species list.

• Unknown Member

July 29, 2021 at 9:20 am

Nothing is private anymore. The company I work for will share “jab” status with your manager to ensure you mask and social distance. Nothing like sharing your private health information (and choice), and SHAME you in the workplace.

• ricktom

July 29, 2021 at 8:40 am

I have the same concerns. I’m working on an illusion of compliance to assuage my concern. I do think us retirees are ok because removing benefits could really be a game changer on the predictable populace front.

• ventilator-of-mass-distraction

July 29, 2021 at 9:36 am

Dana I think you are justified in your concerns. The end game is to have complete control and compliance of every individual via electronic means. Not sure what to do about it either? Seems like most of the younger folks are ok with intrusions into their lives? A small group may not but I assume they enjoy a close relationship with older family etc that still appreciate freedom and pass it down.

• dana.acker

Organizer
      August 4, 2021 at 12:46 am

When I was a kid, we could buy black powder and dynamite fuse over the counter at the hardware store in town. We’d blow all kinds of stuff up. We never injured anyone, or caused any serious damage except to old tree stumps, and no one seemed to care that we were playing with explosives. If we did that today, there would be news and police choppers in the air, and heavily armed federal agents with ATFE on their jackets running around, not to mention my crew and I paraded in front of the cameras in orange jumpsuits and shackles. Now a kid can get locked up for not wearing a mask. A lot of older people wish they were young again. Not me. I wouldn’t be young now for all the Parmesan cheese in Hunter Biden’s carpet.

• briank

July 31, 2021 at 10:36 am

I was invited to a business event but told I would need to provide my vaccine status and wear a mask at all times. I told them to fuck off. I will never give in-never.