New Old Knife Photos….

• New Old Knife Photos….

Posted by dana.acker on September 26, 2021 at 8:52 pm

This isn’t a solicitation, but some have expressed an appreciation for my knife making. Recently I came across some photos of some of my primitive style, or period piece knives. Several of these I used to make for French and Indian War re-enactors. Of course the Bowie knife isn’t F&I War era, but it’s Alamo-ish and beyond. These knives were sold a good while back, so again, no solicitation stated or implied.

Also there is a photo of marlin spike I just forged for my son, who works on a marine salvage boat in the Caribbean, and has to deal with big, thick, wet ropes and knots. It’s forged from a railroad spike. I double tempered it to spring temper, hence the blue color.

By the way, five of the photos were professional photos. Unfortunately much time has passed, and I can’t remember the photographer, but he was a pretty well known custom knife photographer.

If you would like to see them, go to my Paine.TV profile page Dana.Acker or @Dana.Acker or something, Iike that, I don’t get the whole @ thing, but they are in the My Photos tab.

dana.acker replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Cracker5

September 26, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Damn, I got to your photos, that’s some really cool shit! Back in the day I use to make my own long bows and arrows, always fun to make tools of yesteryear. These are great, fantastic job brother!

• dana.acker

Organizer
    September 26, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Thanks, Bob. Got any photos of your long bows?