More Prophecy from Dylan….

• More Prophecy from Dylan….

Posted by dana.acker on May 5, 2022 at 9:42 am

Listening to “Union Sundown” from Bob Dylan’s record “Infidels,” from back in the early 80’s, which has some great guitar work from Mark Knopfler and Mick Taylor, but I digress…. Dylan wrote and sung then, “But they used to grow food in Kansas; Now they grow it on the moon and eat it raw; I can see the day coming when even your home garden; Is gonna be against the law.” While I might be wearing my tinfoil hat, and the mezcal haze probably doesn’t help, but with all the food processing plants burning up around the country, and food crops being used for gasoline extension, we’re seeming to be moving ever closer to government control and distribution of food. Dylan’s words don’t seem to be so far off now as they were back in the 80’s. The idea has been put forth, now what say ye? We may have to have an underground food co-op. Might be time to learn how to preserve food, drying, canning, freezing, etc. etc. if the whip comes down and we ever have to become outlaws in order to feed ourselves and our network, and that includes each other here too, y’all, then we also must remember the words of Bob Dylan in his song, “Absolutely Sweet Marie,” namely, and this is important, so listen up: “But to live outside the law, you must be honest.” Two for one shots in the tavern tonight!

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Dana Acker.
    Paulie replied 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • ventilator-of-mass-distraction

May 5, 2022 at 11:16 am

Agree on the food preservation tactics with an emphasis on doing it with minimal power available. The last thing the government wants is a free independent people who can practice the martial art of self determination.

• dana.acker

Organizer
      May 5, 2022 at 11:24 am

Amen!

• kathryn.cascadiankate

May 5, 2022 at 4:29 pm

What is in their playbook is confiscation if they know you have stores. In an emergency order, like after Katrina, they can come take everything and your implements and they will destroy things if you don’t comply or you are a problem citizen.
    We canned a lot of meat to be independent of freezers down.

• kathryn.cascadiankate

May 5, 2022 at 4:34 pm

If someone drops a nuke, they might use that to justify making you destroy your crop too. Most people have zero idea on whether it is likely to be contaminated, how to check it and how to decontaminate soil. (eg Sunflowers pull out radiation – they used them around Chernobyl to rehab the soil)

• dana.acker

Organizer
    May 5, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Kathryn, I was talking to someone today about canning meat. Being from the rural South, it used to be a common practice, today I can only find one person whose elderly mother remembers how to do it. I encouraged her to get her mother to talk/walk her through the process, as one day it might be a skill worth more than gold. No pressure or anything, but please consider posting a tutorial on how to can meat…and if you do, please make it accessible to “dummies,” because I’ll be reading it.😉 It would be a tremendous service to the community.

• kathryn.cascadiankate

May 6, 2022 at 2:23 am

Dana, she is very much like a patient grandma walking you through it, but also shows the science so you understand how the preserving works in principle.

• kathryn.cascadiankate

May 6, 2022 at 2:20 am

I recommend RoseRed Homestead on youtube for instructions. If you get it wrong on the meat with botulism it doesn’t cook out and can be fatal. She is a college professor and goes into careful detail and instructs in using traditional stovetop big pot pressure canners and the new countertop automatic ones.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/RoseRedHomestead
    She is a prepper and recommends you get the USDA canning and preserving guide for off-grid.
    So far, I have canned lots of ground beef and bison, made bison burgers that we sear, chicken, turkey, kielbasa, chicken sausage, lots of stew and taco meat chunks. I also have had good results getting the big 4 lb ‘fake crab’ chunks from Costco and breaking them up to get them in smaller pieces and then adding chili lime or a savory seasoning before canning. All of these are great for making quick meals even if everything isn’t going down the tubes.
    I think the meat has been contaminated so we used a magnet to test packages last fall and limited purchases since then to the fake crab. I found a package of the Costco regular ground beef and a few steaks that pulled on the magnet and if we get more, it will be raised by someone local we know.

• dana.acker

Organizer
      May 8, 2022 at 3:02 pm

Thanks! Good reference! Really appreciate it!

• Paulie

May 8, 2022 at 8:32 pm

Thanks Kathryn.
      I’ve been binge watching her most of the day.
      She’s great! 🙂