“Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa….”

• “Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa….”

Posted by dana.acker on September 13, 2021 at 6:59 am

To quote Jimmy Buffet. My apologies for appearing asleep at the wheel, or worse, a most neglectful tavern proprietor. I haven’t been AWOL by reason of slackness, despite the fact that I am the one who put the “acker” in slacker, but I digress…. in April my wife had heart surgery. Complications followed, and much attention has been needed on the home front. She’s doing better, but maintenance protocols have to be followed almost religiously. In July a freak accident occurred. We have a rather large mostly black Lab puppy. He loves to ride with his head out the car window. He was riding with me one night, an as best as I can figure, got his paw on the electric window button, the window went down, he lost his balance and fell out of the car at 35 mph. He ran around behind the car and into the oncoming lane, where he got clipped by an oncoming car. He lived through it, with no discernible broken bones or internal injuries as far as the veterinarians are concerned, but with neurological and anxiety issues. We go to a canine neurologist tomorrow for further diagnostic procedures. So we’ve been busy acting as nurse to my two best friends, Trish and Rowdy. Like I said, Trish is doing better, and hopefully we’ll get Rowdy back to his old self soon. In the meantime, I’ll try to be on the clock at the Tavern, a little more regularly. Again my apologies for being slow on the draw as Tavern proprietor.

dana.acker replied 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • briank

September 13, 2021 at 11:40 am

No need for any explanation! I will pray for you, your Mrs. and the pup. God bless you all.

• dana.acker

Organizer
    September 13, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Thank you, Brian. That means a lot. Much appreciated.

• plk

September 13, 2021 at 12:19 pm

This too shall pass. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

• dana.acker

Organizer
      September 13, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Thank you, kindly.

• SpotTheDog

September 13, 2021 at 7:56 pm

What an awful turn of events. Please send you wife our prayers and your lab a doggie treat. Doggie treats seem to work wonders. I know my Spot loves them!

• dana.acker

Organizer
    September 13, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Yes, treats! I’ve been cooking, steak, ground beef and chicken breasts for Rowdy. He’s eating better than I am. But it’s all good. Thanks so much for the prayers and good wishes.