“For Duty and Humanity….”

• “For Duty and Humanity….”

Posted by dana.acker on October 10, 2023 at 8:30 pm

The oath of Dr.’s Moe, Curly, and Larry. I’m living in a Three Stooges episode; the one where they are doctors. The only difference is I haven’t slapped anyone or poked them in the eye, or pulled out their hair. For the moment I’ve ordered a stay of execution. The floodgates finally opened! We finally got to speak with all of Trish’s doctors! It nearly took bloodshed, but a week and three days after Trish’s surgery it got done. We were never informed of the fact that when they operated on her brain, they didn’t get all of the blood and fluid out. To have to dig around and get it all could have done irreparable damage. The amount left was considered “acceptable,” though not ideal (it’s the first time we’ve heard that!!! Nice of them to let us know.) These little pockets or pools of blood and fluid will eventually be absorbed by the body, but until that takes place, they can continue to cause problems, none of which the doctors consider catastrophic. Troublesome, but not lethal. Trish’s unresponsiveness yesterday (and two times today) and her physical and cognitive impairments are/were from seizures, most likely from said blood and fluid. Her heart, from fluid buildup in her body, is not beating efficiently and this further complicates things. Because of all her health issues, it’s like everything is impeding everything else. The doctors feel like they are walking a tightrope over a minefield. The fact is, I’ve had very little sleep, I’ve watched my best friend, soulmate and wife suffer needlessly, senselessly, because of some bureaucratic medical peeing contest over who gets to say who does what, and, hopefully they are starting to get the notion, but never have to learn the hard way…that I am the minefield. Cardiology will be dealing with fluid, which should help her heart beat more efficiently. Neurology will be starting Trish on an anti-seizure medication, which (hopefully) will slow or stop the seizures. Trauma will continue to monitor her brain recovery by CT scans and other diagnostic means. Physical and Occupational Therapy will (as she can physically stand it) start increasingly more rigorous exercising both physical and mental to build strength and resume normalcy. Trish has a long row to hoe, to be sure, but at least, as of today, there’s the beginning of a game plan, and doctors are (at least on paper) talking to one another. It shouldn’t have taken this long, but it’s time to look and move forward while there is momentum. God bless you all for your compassion, love, prayers and support. I love all y’all. Meeting and getting to know y’all has made me realize that the good old days weren’t the 60’s, or the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s or beyond. These are the good old days. Thanks for making that so for me. When Trish woke today, she smiled when I shared all your prayers and kind wishes, and tried to wave. You’ve touched our hearts.

• This discussion was modified 7 months ago by  Dana Acker.
    Kiyoshi replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 29 Members · 45 Replies
  • 45 Replies
  • Betsy.Ross

October 10, 2023 at 8:57 pm

That makes my heart sing! Please give her our love and constant prayer for you both. Please take care of yourself, too, Dana as you have to be exhausted. Thank you for the update.

• Paige

October 10, 2023 at 11:37 pm

Many 🙏 for her recovery and your strength. God bless you both.

• Jennifer

October 10, 2023 at 9:04 pm

I sure am glad that things are getting clearer, but the state of things at hospitals – wow. No good. I’m glad you told them where the bear shit in the buckwheat too. God bless you both. Try to rest. I know it’s hard though. 💗

• dana.acker

Organizer
    October 10, 2023 at 9:24 pm

Hats off to Spot the Dog for “The Men in Black,” the 3 Stooges Doctor episode reference. He might post link again if he sees this. It’s crazy as a bedbug, but in a lot of ways, too true…

• LesTyranny

October 10, 2023 at 9:26 pm

Dana, I know people always have recommendations – but I highly suggest you guys look into this one particular herb which not many people are not aware of – because it is incredibly and powerfully healing to the heart and circulatory system, inclusive of several symptoms you have mentioned here. If there is a medical library at the hospital, that is the only place where universal access can be had to the online medical journals – which include the studies (that we normally can’t access without subscriptions to each and every journal – because they don’t want us empowered with our own health) – which can help validate the truth of this. The hospital librarians are usually very cool people and nice, and they usually have computer terminals, and free printers. This link i’m including here now is not the best or most scientific overview – but it is enough to give you an idea fo what it can do, and i’m telling you it is real, not some old wives tale bullshit. Hawthorn can truly heal the heart, regulate it’s rhythm, and strengthen it, as well as really help the circulatory system – it can be life changing for a heart patient: https://drjockers.com/hawthorn-berry/

There is also another herb I am trying recollect which is an effective diuretic specific for removing fluid from the sac around the heart – which I will go try to locate and reply back with, my memory just fails me now.

I learned from the best herbalist in North America – (to literally save my own life from severe lyme disease, which almost killed me twice before I wised up) – the now sadly late Stephen Harrod Buhner, who clinically referenced all of his work. I believe Stephen’s best write up on Hawthorn (which is worth it, if you are indeed interested in this) is in his 1st edition book “healing lyme disease” , not to be confused with the 2nd edition by the same title nor the 3 books he wrote on the coinfections.

You may be overwhelmed right now – but feel free to message me anytime if you find you have questions- can talk too, if nec.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  LesTyranny.
    • dana.acker

Organizer
      October 10, 2023 at 9:57 pm

You’ve got my attention. I do believe in plants with healing properties. And I believe they were put here for that purpose. Interesting, that in the Book of Revelation, chapter 22, verse 2, in the new Eden, there is an interesting description of one of its features. “…On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.” Sounds kind of like what we’re discussing, doesn’t it? Notice it doesn’t say the tree produced Statins, or MRNA, or any pharmaceutical in general for the healing of the nations. It will be the leaves. God’s into medicinal leaves; at least that’s how I read it. Will definitely check out Hawthorn Berry. Thanks for the heads up!

• LesTyranny

October 10, 2023 at 10:42 pm

Some of Stephen Buhner’s work (link) – this not specific – but still contains some really good heart information overlapping with what you would be interested in. You can view the sections on the heart on pages 37 and particularly protocol and dosage info (including Hawthorn, and Nettle elsewhere within) beginning on pg. 58. He put all of this together for the shear humanity of it – completely free for his readers back during the worst of the Covid hysteria. It will give you a flavor of the unmatched quality of knowledge behind some of the info I just passed along to you, which I all learned from him. It’s also a nice document to have around because it offers treatment regiments for so many other human symptoms and ailments overlapping with the intent of the document:

https://www.stephenharrodbuhner.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/covid-19-2.update.txt.pdf

• LesTyranny

October 10, 2023 at 11:12 pm

Meant to add pg. 80 also to the above- probably the most important heart / cardio section in the Buhner herbal document.

• LesTyranny

October 10, 2023 at 10:00 pm

FLIUD:

Dramatically reduce sodium, completely eliminate salty foods.

Foods which are really good diuretics include: Asperugus, Strawberries

Herbal Diuretics: (there are many) dandelion leaf, and golden rod blossoms and leafs are both powerful ones, which also probably both grow in your back yard.

But

Particularly good in this situation is Stinging Nettle because it is very healing for the kidneys, which are taxed considerably when there is fluid around the heart.

• dana.acker

Organizer
        October 10, 2023 at 10:32 pm

Good stuff, thank you.

• steve.ahle

October 10, 2023 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for the update, very nice to see her smile!

• Ian

October 10, 2023 at 9:32 pm

Beautiful smile, Trish! Dana, you and Trish are the ones who have brought this community close and you are the ones touching our hearts! Worthless doctors (I know there are exceptions) pretending to know what the fuck they are doing (and continually using their gizmos – I am talking CT scans – that are inherently dangerous radiation tools) to make it seem like they care and are doing something to help, while running up the insurance bill… enough said. Trish you are looking great and the man that is there at your side is the man who has saved you, along with your faith in the god that watches and sees who we all are – if he is watching close enough, he will see only love, the love that brings hope to us all.

• dana.acker

Organizer
      October 10, 2023 at 9:41 pm

Hear hear!

• WaywardSon

October 10, 2023 at 10:50 pm

Thank you for the comprehensive update Dana. Perhaps these really are our best days.
    Her progress is a wonderful thing and seeing Trish wave is an encouragement and blessing. Our continued prayers are flowing out in your direction. Continue to stay strong and persistent to manage this cluster.

This is not the appropriate time to embellish at the expense of what you all experienced for over a week, and the herculean effort to get a result.

I will net it out. I see the all too familiar root cause for this classic corporate designed mess; a tragic series of errors, professional arrogance and factual omissions is the systemic failure to communicate actionable and contextual information at a human or field level and the intentional reliance on hospital “systems” to produce workflows and tasks for human robots.

You project managed the staff, provided context and common sense and coordinated the humans to work concurrently to save the life of your best friend. Stay strong and get rest – if that is possible.

• Op_Tweeter

October 10, 2023 at 11:12 pm

You’re advocating is making a huge difference Dana. Not only with the docs and healthcare team, but that fantastic smile too. A great site to see. Sending prayers for continued energy to keep constant tabs on the healthcare team & Trish’s condition and a full recovery.

🙏🙏🙏

• SunShiner

October 11, 2023 at 12:04 am

Praying for you and your wife.🙏🏻 Thank God you have each other.

• Gail

October 11, 2023 at 12:13 am

Prayers are up for you both!❤️❤️

• kathryn.cascadiankate

October 11, 2023 at 1:55 am

Great news and seeing the sunshine of her smile makes me glad. You are both much and tenderly loved. We pray that you and she get sweet sleep and strength for getting better and better each day.

• donna.b-2-11

October 11, 2023 at 5:54 am

So very happy to read this , this morning prayers going up daily for you and your Trish 🙏👋

• bd.cysiv

October 11, 2023 at 8:43 am

Godspeed Trish, Dana

• Robbie_Bouchard

October 11, 2023 at 9:21 am

Thanks for sharing. Stay strong.

• Smittie_In_Texas

October 11, 2023 at 10:35 am

God bless and keep you both strong. It shouldn’t be this way. And yes, the best times of this life have been the 60’s-80’s. After that, it’s gone downhill. We know why. Much love!

Page 1 of 2