Dylan said it, “Got to change my way of thinking….”

• Dylan said it, “Got to change my way of thinking….”

Posted by dana.acker on April 29, 2022 at 10:43 am

I posted this over on, I think it was Thursday’s video cast, but thought it a flood springboard for the tavern. So here we go: VM said something to the effect that in order to break through to people one must first get them to completely change the way they think. That is a big job. The subtle and the not so subtle propaganda campaign that has been tailored and woven throughout our society at just about every demographic level from kids to seniors for decades has proven Herr Goebbels right. Supposedly he got the saying from Hitler: “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” It’s no wonder the truth just bounces off of people’s heads. I too was raised to believe that the US Government was the good guys, then two things happened that changed my mind. One thing was I read a book on General Custer and the exploits of the US Cavalry in the West, namely the Washita River, Sand Creek, and Wounded Knee massacres. The image of the elderly Chief Spotted Elk, who, in original photos of the Wounded Knee aftermath, was identified as “Big Foot” lying dead, frozen stiff in the snow, and the fact that around 150 people, mostly women, children and old folks, all non combatants were gunned down by Federal troops made me question everything I had been taught about who were the good guys and who really were the bad guys. The other thing was when outside at recess during elementary school, the teacher called us all together and told us that President Kennedy had also been gunned down. The sad thing is that the pro-vaccine crowd probably still think that Custer and his minions were the good guys, and that Oswald was the only person engaged in the JFK assassination. Nothing to see here folks (“crickets”). Yes, the indoctrinated have become the inoculated.VM said something to the effect that in order to break through to people one must first get them to completely change the way they think. That is a big job. The subtle and the not so subtle propaganda campaign that has been tailored and woven throughout our society at just about every demographic level from kids to seniors for decades has proven Herr Goebbels right. Supposedly he got the saying from Hitler: “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” It’s no wonder the truth just bounces off of people’s heads. I too was raised to believe that the US Government was the good guys, then two things happened that changed my mind. One thing was I read a book on General Custer and the exploits of the US Cavalry in the West, namely the Washita River, Sand Creek, and Wounded Knee massacres. The image of the elderly Chief Spotted Elk, who, in original photos of the Wounded Knee aftermath, was identified as “Big Foot” lying dead, frozen stiff in the snow, and the fact that around 150 people, mostly women, children and old folks, all non combatants were gunned down by Federal troops made me question everything I had been taught about who were the good guys and who really were the bad guys. The other thing was, when outside at recess during elementary school, the teacher called us all together and told us that President Kennedy had also been gunned down. The sad thing is that the pro-vaccine crowd probably still think that Custer and his minions were the good guys, and that Oswald was the only person engaged in the JFK assassination. Nothing to see here folks (“crickets”). Yes, the indoctrinated have become the inoculated.

SpotTheDog replied 1 year, 12 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ventilator-of-mass-distraction

April 29, 2022 at 11:30 am

Dana I think things will remain the same until people’s paradigms are rocked by having a growling stomach, shivering in the cold, or attending the funerals of many people who were too young to die. It may come in the form of being scared to walk out of the store with groceries because people are waiting in the parking lot to rob them ? There’s little chance the Boobus American component is going to listen when there’s still food to eat and the Kardashians are filming their next vacation. All we can do is offer an explanation when they reach their inflection point during this “Reset” and hope they are receptive to what we have to share.

• dana.acker

Organizer
      April 29, 2022 at 11:36 am

Excellent points all, Vent! Excellent points all.

• mallardman

April 29, 2022 at 11:37 am

I agree with Scott. Americans are spoiled. Nothing changes until there is a major crisis. There are several possibilities on the horizon, Scott mentioned a few, but until they actually occur Americans will continue to be clueless.

• SpotTheDog

April 29, 2022 at 2:50 pm

Those who are “woke’ are caught up in the “grand illusion”. Those of us who are “awake” know that everything they do is a “grand illusion”. “Woke” people can’t separate themselves from that illusion. “Awake” people work around the illusion and do not acquiesce to it!