Ale talk…

• Ale talk…

Posted by dana.acker on July 13, 2021 at 4:38 am

A little brew humor, since we’re a Tavern, at heart. A while back, I made a hopped mead (honey wine) at the winery/distillery where I used to manage, and hold court, and needed some Citra hops, so that the mead would have an IPA character. To those for whom this is new territory, Citra is a very pungent variety of hops, very skunky, and very reminiscent of primo kind bud, for you cannabis aficionados out there.

At the time Citra hops were in short supply, and in high demand. They were impossible to find. I did a little horse trading with a commercial brewer friend of mine and scored a pound of the coveted hops. I remember thinking as I drove back to the winery, “I hope I don’t get pulled along the way.”

The real “HAHAHA” came from my picking up my grandchildren from school, and them getting in the car and asking, “Papa, have you been smoking weed in the car?” 😇

dana.acker replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • SpotTheDog

July 13, 2021 at 8:28 am

Out of the mouths of babes….

• dana.acker

Organizer
    July 14, 2021 at 2:22 am

Ya think, Spot?

• ventilator-of-mass-distraction

July 16, 2021 at 9:21 pm

😀OK How did they know to ask that question?

• SpotTheDog

July 16, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Because kids have wide open minds. They are not narrow minded.

• ventilator-of-mass-distraction

July 16, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Hi Spot, I was just having fun with my comment. Was not being judgmental. Trying to find some levity during a time when people are trying to kill us for fun and profit.

• dana.acker

Organizer
    July 17, 2021 at 7:39 am

And, kids are more worldly wise than I was when I was young. No internet then.

• dana.acker

Organizer
    July 17, 2021 at 7:40 am

Was I ever young? Wow, how time flies.