Reply To: Family Fallout

• Twohassez

July 29, 2021 at 12:02 am

Fuck that! Look, when we moved back home to Florida in summer 2019, I named my screaming-ass Internet WiFi “The Alamo at Venice” specifically because we are not moving again, intentionally. And to me the same idea applies to our fave wine bar. These invading D.C. types trying to scam us and scheme us out of more dough makes me ill. But here’s the thing, and it is just like Mike says, these people are cowards and they cower in fear at the first sight of push back. And I do not want to jinx it, so I am knocking on wood, but since I confronted the retired CIA guy they have been seen once when the natural order of things is we regulars are down there twice a month minimum. And that one time they were there with them, the old man never made eye contact with me, on purpose from what I gathered from his body language. Because again, it is just like Mike talks about, not in so many word, but one secret to life is learning how to read people’s eyes, facial expressions, and other body language. And what I will not share here is what he whispered in my ear and what I immediately whispered back when I surprised him with a hug and showered him with praise for service to our country, essentially dropping mental Jujutsu on his ass. Now, we don’t see him up there handing out personalized pens, mouse pads, business cards with addresses of their primary house and guest house, etc. Still knocking on wood so as not to jinx it, but to date, so far, so good. Take care and God Bless.